Beauty is an ever booming business that will never see a lack in customers and Great Hair Stylist Near Me in Rivonia because women and even men will continue to go to beauty salons for a new hairdo, for a manicure, a pedicure or even a tan. So, whether there is a depression or not, women (and some men) will still go to beauty salons to have their fix. In fact, it is in stressful times that you will see an increase in customers going to Find A Hairdresser Near Me offering spa services for a spot of relaxation through aromatherapy, baths, manicures and massages.
10 Hair and Beauty Salon Equipment Essentials
So, if you are thinking of setting up a beauty salon, it is time that you go searching for the best ever beauty salon equipment for your business. You will need nothing but the most affordable and best beauty salon equipment to provide nothing but incomparable services to your clients.Lets take a look at the different types of services offered by beauty salons and Professional Hairdressers Near Me what sort of beauty salon equipments you will need for the services you offer at your salon. If your salon only offer basic hair styling and cutting services, you will need beauty salon equipment to cater to your hair styling needs. You should look at hair styling chairs, wash basins, hair dryers, steamers, trolleys, professional hair styling scissors set and even basic must-have furniture like mirrors, chairs, comfy chairs for the waiting area.
10 Hair and Beauty Salon Equipment Essentials
In the midst of searching for the right equipment to furnish your salon, although it is important to compare prices, please do not settle for cheap, low quality equipment as it could end up sabotaging your business. Lousy quality equipment could break down in the midst of a hair styling session or worse, can you imagine the bath tub leaking or the hair dryer malfunctioning and injuring a client? So, compare prices if you must but do not try to save by buying low quality beauty salon equipment.
Great Hair Stylist Near Me in Rivonia ?
Hair Care Professional- Breaking One In
Beauty Salon- It is so important for us to find the right beauty salon so that we can have the right look at the right time. However, there are certain things that beauty salon owners don't want you to know.
According to the September 13, 2005 issue of the LA Times, soon after Hurricane Katrina passed through the states of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama beauty salons with power and water reopened. Women who had lost EVERYTHING flocked to those open beauty salons. They wanted to look good even though they did not have a place to live. They wanted and needed professional hair care.
This fact alone confirms your intuition about the absolute necessity of finding the right beauty salon. This holds true for a beauty salon Santa Monica, or a beauty salon Long Beach, Mississippi.
Let me give you some general guidelines and tips to use when you are looking for a new beauty salon. I will also include some helpful suggestions about how to deal with your hair stylist.
1. How far is the beauty salon from your home or work? Is it convenient to either or both?
2. Telephone the salon. Ask if their hair care stylists have experience with your type of hair. For example, is your hair long, curly, textured or exposed to frequent changes to hair color, heat and the elements?
3. Search the Internet for reviews of beauty salons in your work or home zip codes.
4. It seems obvious, but it's crucial: Who do you know whose hair looks fabulous? Ask them where (and to whom) they go.
5. When you get to the beauty salon what does the atmosphere FEEL like to you? Is it peaceful or stressful? Which do you prefer?
6. Are you greeted right away or are you forced to wander around or "twiddle your thumbs" until someone attends to you?
7. If you've made an appointment is it kept?
8. Is the beauty salon clean and well organized? Does everything seem to be in its place?
9. How is the staff dressed? Are they dressed appropriately to your taste?
10. What does the hair of the staff look like to you? Is the hair of the staff professionally done or is it sloppy?
Ok, you've decided that the beauty salon environment is satisfactory, now how do you deal with the hair stylist?
11. Collect and bring pictures that are appropriate for your type of hair. The biggest beauty salon hair disasters occur when your hair stylist doesn't understand what you want. Pictures help convey your message.
12. Don't immediately go for a cut, take it slower. Book a blow-dry with your selected stylist. Ask, if you were to cut my hair, how would you do it? Once you've set aside the time for a real consultation, here are some key questions to ask yourself as you talk to your stylist:
o DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE with the hair care stylist? You should like his or her sense of style. This means clothing, grooming, personality, everything.
o IS THE STYLIST ASKING YOU questions, giving ideas and suggestions that relate to your personality, rather than pointing to a style on the wall or in a book?
o IS THE HAIR CARE STYLIST ADDRESSING the health of your hair, not just proposing to cut off split ends? The two of you should be talking about conditioners and rinses that enhance shine and bounce, and special treatments that can prevent or repair damage done by the environment, such as pollution, sun, chlorine, humidity, or dry air.
o ONCE YOU'VE AGREED ON A LOOK, does the stylist preview how you'll need to blow it dry, wash it, and maintain it? These are all things to think about before actually getting the cut.
If you can answer most of the questions to your satisfaction, then you've probably found a beauty salon and a hair stylist that will make you look fabulous. If you cannot, then move on to the next beauty salon on your list.
Take the above tips with you when you come to Next Salon in Santa Monica, CA. We think that you'll find that you came to the right beauty salon.
Hair and Beauty Salon Business Plan
Whether you're opening your first hair ob beauty salon, refurbishing your salon, on opening your hundredth salon, you'll want to make sure that you have everything your staff need, and your clients expect.
Here's what you need to consider.
1. You'll want the right sort of chairs, so that your beauticians can carry out their treatments, and for clients to sit in whilst having their hair cut. With different sizes, styles and colours available, you're bound to be able to find the chairs for your salon.
2. Your reception furniture is important as it is the first impression of your salon that your clients get. If your sofa is old and worn out, or the chairs are mismatched and wobbly, it won't fill new clients with confidence that you can cut hair or perform treatments well.
3. Treatment couches need to be comfortable so that clients can relax fully whilst they are being pampered. Choosing adjustable couches will mean that your beauticians will be able to be at the right height to work their magic.
4. Your styling chairs need to be adjustable, and comfortable too. With some clients spending a long time seated whilst having their hair done, they'll need to be able to relax, and let your hairstylists get on with creating the right look.
5. If you're offering products for sale, or have product literature, then you'll want to make sure that you have some display stands. Giving products their own space can help make them more attractive and desirable, so that you can encourage more people to buy them, or take a brochure.
6. Your salon hairdryers need to be top quality, as they will be in use, all day every day. As well as performance, you'll need to thing about weight, nozzles, and cord length, so that your hairdryers have all the flexibility you need for drying hair in your salon.
7. Ensuring that you and your staff have the right hairdressing scissors is important. You'll need your staff to have a range of different sizes, styles and perhaps left handed scissors as well.
8. Hairbrushes and combs can also make a difference to a hairstyle, and you might want to offer brushes for sale to your clients, as well as making sure that your stylists have the right brush for the hair style they are creating.
9. If you offer hair removal in your beauty salon, then you'll want to make sure that you have the right sort of products, whether you offer waxing or electrolysis.
10. You might offer tanning products, such a spray tans or self tans, and tanning accelerators. You'll want to know that you're offering a good quality tan, whether you're spray tanning in a booth, or your clients are using self tan at home.
Now you know more about what sort of hair and beauty products you need, have you got the right salon equipment?