Beauty is an ever booming business that will never see a lack in customers and Great Hair Salons Near Me in JHB because women and even men will continue to go to beauty salons for a new hairdo, for a manicure, a pedicure or even a tan. So, whether there is a depression or not, women (and some men) will still go to beauty salons to have their fix. In fact, it is in stressful times that you will see an increase in customers going to Beauty Salon Near Me Now offering spa services for a spot of relaxation through aromatherapy, baths, manicures and massages.
Types of Beauty Salons and Some Tips For Choosing the Right One For You
So, if you are thinking of setting up a beauty salon, it is time that you go searching for the best ever beauty salon equipment for your business. You will need nothing but the most affordable and best beauty salon equipment to provide nothing but incomparable services to your clients.Lets take a look at the different types of services offered by beauty salons and Spa And Beauty Salon Near Me what sort of beauty salon equipments you will need for the services you offer at your salon. If your salon only offer basic hair styling and cutting services, you will need beauty salon equipment to cater to your hair styling needs. You should look at hair styling chairs, wash basins, hair dryers, steamers, trolleys, professional hair styling scissors set and even basic must-have furniture like mirrors, chairs, comfy chairs for the waiting area.
Beauty Salon Marketing
In the midst of searching for the right equipment to furnish your salon, although it is important to compare prices, please do not settle for cheap, low quality equipment as it could end up sabotaging your business. Lousy quality equipment could break down in the midst of a hair styling session or worse, can you imagine the bath tub leaking or the hair dryer malfunctioning and injuring a client? So, compare prices if you must but do not try to save by buying low quality beauty salon equipment.
Great Hair Salons Near Me in JHB ?
Often, running a beauty salon efficiently can be tedious. With so much paperwork required, the work can get chaotic and unruly. Hence, to conduct the day-to-day business of beauty salons, beauty salon software is available in the market. Such software is a wonder, almost a blessing to all beauty salon software owners.
Some of highly competent and excellent beauty salon software includes the following: Salon Assistant by Salon Tec; SalonPro Software for Windows; Beauty Salon Software Salon Tec; SalonPro Software for Windows; Beauty Salon Software by World Class Software and many others.
'Inventory systems'; 'service support'; 'client history'; 'multiple users'; 'bar code support'; 'point of sale'; 'appointment booking'; 'sales tax report'; 'employee information'; 'and much, much more are offered by the aforementioned different types of beauty salon software.
Normally beauty salon software is extremely user-friendly and requires little or very little instructions. Besides, most of the software companies have help services, which support and instruct us in case of any difficulty.
Easy to download and run, salon software usually supports all higher versions of Windows and hence can be used on nearly all types of computers.
To enable us in making the right decision and knowing whether particular software works for us or not, companies provide free demo CDs. Such demos work for some days, allowing us to test the compatibility and usefulness of the software.
Usually beauty salon software is available in English, but Plan Magic Business 9.0 supports a number of languages such as English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, and others.
Software CDs can be purchased or they can also be downloaded by making direct payment online.
OMNI Salon Management Spa Management Software Systems; The Spa Salon Manager; Salon Iris Salon Software and Orchid Medical Spa Software by Restexx Information Technologies are some other beauty salon software available in the market.
Hair and beauty salon owners who want to grow their businesses know that having a strong business plan is a first step toward their goals. And, any good business plan incorporates a marketing and advertising strategy that is specifically designed to attract new customers.
Here are 5 tips for attracting new customers to your hair and beauty salon business:
1. Develop a special coupon or promotion for your new customers: Consider what it would take to motivate you to change your buying behaviors for the stores you currently visit regularly. Once you are in the habit of buying from the same store or vendor, chances are you will not try a new one based merely upon a catchy ad. On the other hand, imagine that you are offered a special coupon or promotion as an incentive to try out the store: it is likely you would be more likely to consider making the switch. Your target prospects feel the same way. So, as you build the marketing and advertising component of your business plan, make sure that you consider offering special coupons and promotions to attract new customers to your salon.
2. Save money by targeting only those customers who are most likely to respond: If you are using traditional media channels like TV, radio and local magazines to promote your salon, you advertising expenses will be prohibitively high. These media vehicles are notoriously expensive because they rely on a blanket approach, whereby an entire geographical area receives the same ads - regardless of whether each individual your campaign reaches actually meets your target consumer profile! Now, contrast that to the available direct marketing techniques that properly divide your target prospects into segments, isolating those customers who are most likely to buy from you. The more you know about which members of your community are most likely to buy from you and which are not, the more precisely you can target those individuals and the further your advertising dollar will go.
3. Be sure to target those customers most likely to be willing to try a new salon: As mentioned above, it is very difficult to entice people to change their behaviors once those behaviors are entrenched in a regular habit pattern. It is best not to waste your limited advertising dollars on prospects that have no good reason to look for a new salon because they are complacently comfortable with their current one. Rather, it is better to concentrate on finding customers who are most likely to give your salon a try. One such target-rich prospect base is that of new movers: those customers who have just recently moved into your neighborhood. By subscribing to a new mover direct mail service that offers up-to-date new mover mailing lists and direct mail fulfillment services, you are able to target only those customers who have recently moved into your business area and are probably already looking for a new salon to try. Why not let that be yours?
4. Plan to contact your target prospects monthly: Designing a marketing campaign specifically to target new customers is an excellent way to get new business, as mentioned above. Moreover, it is important that you set aside the necessary budget to contact those prospects monthly. Only a consistent campaign that targets a fresh group of new, hot prospects each month can yield predictable results.
5. Follow up their initial visit to your salon with a contact: Once a first-time customer has visited your salon, it is smart to follow up their visit with a phone call, e-mail, or postcard. Take the opportunity to thank them for their business and to ask a few questions about how they liked the service they received. Besides gathering valuable information you can use to improve your services, such a follow-up contact also sends a strong message to your customers that you care about their business and want to see them back in your salon again.
Creating a business plan for your hair and beauty salon is an important step in building a stronger, more profitable business. Be sure to incorporate precisely-targeted marketing campaigns that reach the right customers who are most likely to give your salon a try. Then, follow up the initial visit of new customers with an e-mail, phone call or postcard in order to gather valuable information and send the right message about how you value their business.